Visit History Where it Happened!

The Fillebrown House
housesummerfront

The Fillebrown House is currently closed during the rehabilitation project to improve the structural support system.  We estimate a re-opening date in early 2015.  

 

Visit the 1879 lakeside cottage at the corner of Lake and Morehead Avenues. The Fillebrown family occupied the house for most of its years as a residence and donated the house with its contents to the Historical Society in 1978. Since that time the house has been used for tours and as the site of many community and social events. The Fillebrown House is also available for private events. 

 

The Depot Museum
depot2


Visit White Bear Lake’s 1935 Northern Pacific Depot in Downtown White Bear at the intersection of 4th Street and Highway 61. At the intersection of Highway 61 and 4th Street, the historic Northern Pacific Depot is still at the heart of a bustling business district. Just south of the depot, a 1914 Northern Pacific caboose sits at its rail's end and has recently been restored by the White Bear Lake Rotary Club. Since 1992, the White Bear Lake Area Historical Society has operated a museum at the Depot. The Depot Museum is the site of railroad and photograph displays that highlight aspects of the area's history, as well as the White Bear Area Chamber of Commerce offices. 

The offices and Resource Library of the White Bear Lake Area Historical Society are now located at the historic White Bear Armory (2228 Fourth Street).  For current hours and more information on the resources available, please contact us at 651-407-5327 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Additional information